Hopefully it won't be too much longer until baby number three joins our family. We have not been able to come up with a name yet. I have decided that I will wait to see the baby before I settle on a name. We at least have a list to chose from, although I am not sure it will be a name from our list. One thing I do know is that Theron (my dad's name) will be the middle name.
I am soliciting help from you. Please take a moment to let me know your favorite name off our list or suggest others that go well with Theron.
Theron Reid (my dad's name, Joe's dad's middle name)
Jacob Theron
Spencer Theron
Parker Theron (Parker is a family name)
Andrew Theron (Andrew is Joe's middle name)
Alexander Theron (most likely shortened to Alex)
Monday, December 8, 2008
Baby Names
Posted by Young Family at 11:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
I would say Andrew. But you should spell it totally crazy just because you can. Make sure to add some silent letters and a "q"...maybe Parker would be easier to mess up the spelling...Parquer? Parquere?
I am so excited that you are so close! Hope you have a good Christmas!
For some reason I'm really diggin' Theron Reid, it's got a catchy flow to it. Having said that, I also want to make clear that I would call him Reid, not Theron.
Using the middle name as a first can be a slippery slope. Kent's Mom did it with her second and he went back to his first name when he headed off to college. Now we are all stuck calling him Milas instead of Brett!
Julie's suggestion is hilarious! Totally reminds me of our Freedom days.
Those are all really cute names! I think I like Jacob Theron the best! Good Luck!!
I like Andrew Theron, but I will fully accept my new nephew with any name! I'm glad you are blogging again.
I so wish I could have a Jacob, but we have Jacob nephews on both sides so that names out. And I vote for you to use it since you don't have the same nephews that we do :)
I also like Spencer.
Parker is the same "type" of name as Hayden so I think they would go well together.
We knew a family that apparently couldn't decide between Alexander and Andrew and named their baby Alexandrew. That's a very bad idea. Don't do it.
Good luck with the name game. It's hard!
-Cortney
Theron is a very strong name, We like Theron Reid. Reid is also Zachs middle name and Robs. Love ya lots. Stephanie
I like Parker Theron. I think that Parker is a cute and somewhat unique name. I am sooo excited for you guys. I miss having a baby around already, and mine's only 3+ months old. They are only little for such a short time. Keep us updated, and once you have him, let me know if I can come see him-please!!!!!
I like Parker and Andrew Theron! Both are cute options.
I am also diggin' Theron Reid! Very solid name! But I also like Alexander Theron as my second choice!
GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK!
Can't wait to see the little guy!!!
Spencer and Parker are my favorite names of the list. They are all great. We can't wait to meet cute little nephew what's his name.
And Andrew
You've already heard my views, but they keep changing like yours do! My top three, in no particular order:
Parker Theron
Spencer Theron
Theron Reid
Good luck next week!!
they all are such great, traditional names, I can see why it's hard to choose :)
are you being induced early with this one? or just waiting it out? I have the option, but we still haven't decided what we're doing!
Since Jessica was in charge of this post, she also left out JaMarcus and--my favorite--LeJoseph. We would call him LeJoe for short.
Right now I would say my two favorite are Spencer and Alexander. My feelings about Jacob are the same as Jessica's feelings about Tyler. I like the name, but there was a kid in elementary school that was mean to me; his name was Jacob. I associate Jacob with the word "bully." Just like Jessica associates Tyler with "terror."
Theron and Alexander are more dignified names, and I am not opposed to them if the baby looks especially dignified after he is born.
I am not sold on Parker...it is probably last on this particular list.
Andrew is making a subtle move up the rankings as it gets mentioned more. Andrew is the Oklahoma of the names rankings. It was kind of hanging out in the back of the pack, but has made a late surge as the season has drawn to a close.
Other names I liked that Jessica has already rejected are Thomas and Peter.
I looked up some of the meanings of the names here they are:
Andrew-manly
Theron- hunter
Spencer- butler/steward
Parker-park keeper
Alexander- Defender of the people
Jacob-supplanter
So with that ner info. my vote is for Andrew.
Post a Comment