CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

For Sale

Have you ever wanted to sell your children? By 8:10 this morning I was ready to sell Hayden. He wanted oatmeal for breakfast but then saw cookies so he wouldn't eat the oatmeal. He began throwing a tantrum. I walked out of the kitchen and was watching the Today's Show. I heard Hayden pull something down off the counter. I thought it was the bag of rolls. I turned around a minute later to see why he had become so quiet (never a good sign). He had pulled a paper towel that had his bowl of oatmeal sitting on it. There was oatmeal all over the floor and cupboards and of course all over Hayden. I quickly fed him what was in the bowl and tried cleaning the rest up. He thought it was fun to smear like finger paint.

Everythime I think in my head that I want to sell Hayden I remember back when Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen were cute. They had a song called "Brother for Sale."

If you aren't familiar with the song check it out here. Just like in the song, if I list all the reasons you would want to buy Hayden I decide he is really pretty great and I should just keep him. So I guess he's not for sale after all.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm so there with you. In the last little while Jack has pinched his sister's cheeks so hard she cried, drawn all over the couch in ballpoint pen, and is currently crying because he's gotten into Jilley's jumperoo and can't figure out how to get out. Yet some how I still love him more than anything, how does that work?

Good luck, hope the rest of the day is better.

Sarah S said...

I HATE when toddlers make crazy messes!! But they think it's so fun. I'm glad you're keeping him anyway :)

Michelle... said...

Just you wait. It only gets crazier from here! I have to laugh at Jodi's comment about Jack in Jill's jumparoo. James did that the other day in Scott's exersaucer.

mylittlegems said...

I was just telling Aaron the same thing....Tanner goes through the cupboards all day and throws things out and then Landon takes all the toys and spreads them all over the house- and no kidding- last night I almost tripped on this stuff 3 or 4 times. It was a hard day. Two little ones is crazy....Landon is climbing into Tanner's crib to play- but he can't climb out. Maybe I should just leave him there all day and put Tanner in the pack-n-play. At least they will be caged up.

Sarah Garner said...

Let me know if you change your mind... we'll take him.

Actually, maybe we should just do a swap. You taken Hunter for a while I'll take Hayden, maybe that will make us appreciate them more!