Last night as I was trying to sleep (which is difficult in my pregant state) I was having a dream about something. In my dream there was an extremelyannoying beep that kept occuring every 30 seconds or so. Then I realized Joe had gotten out of bed. At that point I woke up enough to realize what the stupid beep was. It was the smoke detector in our bedroom. Why is it that the battery only dies at night? A few years ago it happened and we tried to just remove the battery. That did not take care of the beep, you must have a battery in it. Joe had to go to the store at 3:00 am and buy 9 volt batteries. At least last night we had batteries and Joe was able to quickly change it and the beeping stopped.
Thanks for fixing it so quickly, Joe.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Middle of the Night
Posted by Young Family at 1:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Now you know you can be awakened by your smoke detector in the middle of the night. Remember the 7P's and it won't happen again.
Joe's a trooper! I think my husband would have rolled over and gone back to sleep through the beeping (and it would have been ME going to the store at 3 a.m.!!)
I'd say it's the most annoying sound. Anything beeping while you're trying to sleep.
We decided that the batteries always die on the smoke detectors in the middle of the night. At least at our house!
Post a Comment