CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Behold Your Little Ones

A few weeks ago a friend mentioned that a new nursery manual had been made. As soon as I could get my hands on a copy I did (Thanks Matt & Michelle). The manual is wonderful. The lessons are very short but are all gospel principles. The old nursery manual had lessons like "I am thankful for my eyes" "I am thankful for my hands" etc. Those five lessons are now one, "I have a body like Heavenly Father." We started using it for FHE. The first lesson was "I am a Child of God." Every lesson has a full color picture to use while teaching and also a picture for the children to color. There are fun poems and activities for each lesson.

The week after I bought it a sister in our ward, Sister Davis, talked about it during Relief Society. She and her husband are serving as missionaries in the Curriculum Department at the Church Office Building. She talked about how the manual was reviewed page by page by President Hinckley. At first there were enough lessons for every week of the year. President Hinckley gave it back and said the children were too young for that many different lessons. He had them cut it back to 30 lessons and they are to be retaught throughout the year. Brother and Sister Davis were the ones who gave a copy to the First Presidency, the Apostles and everyone on the other general boards (i.e. RS, Primary, etc.)

I love to know that little children are so important to our Heavenly Father. I am grateful to the curriculum department and the General Authorities for their hard work on this beautiful new resource we have to teach our children.

If you have little ones I highly suggest spending the $5.00 and getting one to use in your home.

7 comments:

Sarah Garner said...

Oh, that's a great idea! I'm going to go get a copy today!

Brittany said...

Thanks for the info!!! I'm totally going to go get a copy! I need you email address so that I can send you an invite to our blog! Here is mine!brittanynewbold@hotmail.com

Michelle... said...

I have loved this manual. The lessons are the perfect length for a FHE with an almost 3 year old. He loves the stories and activities.

Alisha said...

Hey Jessica I found you on Sara McEwan's blog. Your little guy is getting big! Check out my blog
taylorandalisha.blogspot.com

Alisha (Houghton)Oxley

Jen said...

That is so cool! I heard it was out, but hadn't thought to buy one yet. I'll have to get one ASAP :)

Krazy Khania said...

Thanks for some backround into this book!

Jodi said...

Totally late on this one, but I listened to the talk about the new nursery manual during Conference and I really want one now. Thanks for the heads up.