The Young Cousins
Jason, Hayden, and AnneWe then stopped at the Idaho Falls Temple. It was very beautiful. I love the view of the temple from the road where you can see the falls. They have a very nice visitor’s center that was recently rededicated. They allow the children to touch the Christus. Hayden really liked it. It is so neat to see little ones react to pictures and statues of Christ.






Our next stop was in Iona. That is where my Grandma Anderson grew up. We went to the cemetery there where her parents and brothers are buried. My family used to go to the cemeteries in Idaho every year for Memorial Day. It has been a number of years since I have been there. I was amazed to see all the growth that has taken place in that teeny town. I was glad to be able to show Joe and Hayden where my great grandparents are buried.
Next, we stopped in Rexburg to see the Rexburg Temple. It too, is very pretty. We just took a quick picture and got back on the road and went to the cabin.




Our cabin was about 20 minutes from Island Park. We went to there to play in the river one day. Of course Hayden loved the water. There were paddle boats and canoes available to rent by the hour. We decided to rent a paddle boat. After about 15 minutes of Joe and his dad pushing the stupid thing instead of paddling (the water is too shallow for the paddle boats) we traded it in for a canoe. The canoe was much more enjoyable. Hayden started to get a little fussy so I started sing Ten Little Indians. He was happy unless I stopped singing that song.

Hayden loved to sit on the stairs with Anne
Hayden, Grandma Young, and Anne

As with our drive to Idaho, we decided to enjoy the drive home as well. We went up to West Yellowstone and drove through Yellowstone National Park. We had been in the park less than ten minutes and we started seeing lots of elk. We didn’t get to see any moose or bears but we saw deer and tons of elk. They are such beautiful creatures.
We stopped at some hot pots, Old Faithful, and some waterfalls. But mostly we just enjoyed the beautiful scenery. We headed don to the south entrance and made our way to the majestic Teton Mountains. We stopped at the dam and Hayden through rocks then we headed to Jenny Lake. We rode the boat across the lake and then hiked up to Hidden Falls. It is an easy hike but so beautiful. I have been there a few other times and really wanted to show it to Joe.

Hot Pots





Aren't the Teton Mountains beautiful?

Hidden Falls

7 comments:
I love your photos- the cousins on the couch is really cute. You are a very brave woman to be in the car that long w/ a toddler:)
I love the pictures! It looks llike Eliza and Sydnie are as big as Hayden. I don't remember how old they are. Same as Nathan?
I love family vacations like yours. I totally agree with Sharla-the cousins in matching shirts picture is too cute.
Sounds like a fun trip! I've never been to any of those places!
You got some beautiful pictures too!
Congrats on conquering a long trip with a toddler!
It was really fun. Family vacations are kind of stressful and it seems like you spend more time being busy than you spend having fun. But after it's over, you only remember the fun times.
I am disappointed that I didn't win the horseshoes competition, but at least I beat my brother-in-law, the defending champion.
Looks like a fun vacation! My husbands family is from Ashton, so we go up there a lot - it's so beautiful!
Sounds like a great vacation! I can't believe you were in the car that long, but it seems to have all worked out well.
Post a Comment