CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Bob’s 65th Birthday Party





The last weekend in June was my father-in-law’s 65th birthday. We planned a surprise party for him. The best part of the surprise was that all of his children were there. Rob, Lezlie, Alli, and Jared drove up from Las Vegas. Stephanie wasn’t going to be able to fly in from Washington so we all split the cost and helped her with the ticket so she could be here for the festivities. I thought Bob would enjoy the gift of having all 7 of his children there rather than another book by an apostle. It was such a fun day. We had lunch, hung out and visited, the little kids played in the water, played Bocce, and ate dinner. Rob and his family put together a video with pictures from Bob’s life. It was really neat. I have been given the assignment to make copies for everyone. I need to take some time this week and get them done. The best part of the day was being able to visit with Rob and his family and Stephanie. I wish they lived close so that I could get to know them better. They are such fun people.

Sunday morning Rob dropped Steph off at the airport. Then he and his family came to our house for breakfast. I enjoyed having them come over and spending some time with them with out so much chaos. Hayden liked having Uncle Rob read to him.

5 comments:

kenders said...

Isn't being with the whole family the best?!?! What a great idea to all get together for a wonderful birthday present.

I'm with ya on the whole I wish they lived closer thing. We REALLY wished we lived close to my brother and his family. They are the best!

Michelle... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle... said...

What a great surprise. I'm sure he enjoyed having all his kids together. Glad it was a good weekend! :) See you Wednesday.

Texas Tingey said...

Fun!! Yea, I've been wondering if you fell off the face of the earth; only I knew you hadn't since I hear from you know and then in a comment on my blog. I want to see pics from the 4th of July in Blanding........*sigh*, I wish we could have been there.
Bad news.......I didn't get a chance to try making the sweet pickles you so much love. So, I am going to find out if anybody else in my family has a bottle to spare and I will try to bring you some.

Joe said...

It was a really fun day. I love being with my family. My brothers are all dorks like me, so it gives me a good chance to show my wife that I'm not the only idiot out there. :-)