CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Woman's Work is Never Done

The last few days I feel that I have been very productive and domestic (or domesticated as my friend likes to say). Tuesday I bought tons of strawberries and sugar and made my first batch of strawberry jam. I haven't tasted it yet, but I hope it is good.



Yesterday, I began scrubbing my house at 8:00 am. I washed all the blinds downstairs, all the baseboards, vacuumed (I even did the edges with the attachments and the stairs), I polished all the furniture, scrubbed the kitchen and bathroom, got on my hands and knees and scrubbed the floor. My house smelt like bleach when I was done. I washed about six loads of laundry, and stripped the sheets of my bed.

I finally showered at 3:30 and then left a little after four to run some errands, go to an Enrichment meeting, and back to my mom's to get Hayden. It was after 9:30 when I finally got home. When Joe and I went up to bed and there was a huge pile of laundry on the floor and I hadn't put sheets back on the bed. Joe walked into the room and said, "Isn't this a welcoming sight." I was ready to hit him.

It just goes to show it doesn't matter how hard you work or how much you get accomplished, there is always more to do.

2 comments:

Michelle... said...

Yummy looking jam! I love making & eating homemade jam.

Texas Tingey said...

I understand completly!!!!! And the jam looks great!