CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I Take it Back

After reading the comments about my Fairy Tale Love post I guess I need to change my ideals. No one seemed to agree with me.


That really isn't why I take back what I said. The real reason is that some people thought I was not satisfied with Joe. That couldn't be farther from the truth. I have a wonderful, sweet husband who is actually way more thoughtful and romantic than I am.

When Joe and I had been dating about three months I had my birthday. He gave me a card that said we were going to dinner at Biaggi's (we went there on our 3rd date) and to Beauty and the Beast at PMT. I was way excited. Then before he left my house that night he told me he had something else. I was shocked because I knew he had already spent a lot of money for my birthday. He went out to his car and brought back a bouquet of...








BROCCOLI!

That is my favorite food.

Yesterday was our 2nd anniversary. Since we went to Las Vegas last month we said we weren't spending money for our anniversary. So, I didn't. Joe woke me up with breakfast in bed and a card. He bought me flowers. Not just any flowers. It was a beautiful bouquet of snap dragons like I had for my wedding bouquet. He took me on a date to Trafalga to go miniature golfing. That is where we went on a date the night he ended up proposing to me. We went to dinner at Bombay House, we went on a date there when we first started dating.




What did I do for Joe? NOTHING! I didn't even get him a card. I am a big jerk!

Joe doesn't only do sweet things for the events that people expect gifts for. He surprises me with cards and flowers and treats all the time.
For the past two years Joe has surprised me with the "annual weekend for Jessica." This is three days dedicated completely to me. Out to dinner, concerts, professional massages, new clothes etc.

Believe it or not he does burst into song too. When we were dating, he would call my cell phone after he left my house at night and leave me a message. Often times it was him singing "I Just Called to Say I Love You." He even made up a song that he still sings to me frequently.

I guess I really do have a fairy tale romance. But poor Joe certainly didn't get a sweet princess.

I couldn't ask for a better husband.

3 comments:

Michelle... said...

Wow, you really do have a great husband. I love the "annual weekend for Jessica". I need one of those! I remember you telling me about the bouquet of broccoli. Very unique. What a thoughtful guy!

Joe said...

Jessica, you failed to mention that one reason I am so great is because I am so humble.

In addition to this, I would like to add that Jessica is totally underscoring how 'princessy' she really is. Maybe I'll create a post dedicated to her and sneak it on here. But she is a great wife and mother and I have no complaints or wishes concerning her. I am a satisfied and pleased husband.

Rachael said...

Way to make her happy Joe. Happy anniversary