CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Fairy Tale Love



Let me start this post by saying I love Joe so much. He is a wonderful husband. This post in no way, shape or form is intended to make you think otherwise.


But...


I am currently reading (listening to) The Choice by Nicholas Sparks and this afternoon I watched Enchanted. I absolutely love Nicholas Sparks' books. If he is as romantic as the men in most of his books, his wife is really lucky. I wish love was really like a fairy tale where everyone bursts into songs about "true love's kiss" or like in movies when everything is so passionate. In Enchanted the guy says to the princess multiple times, "that's not reality." Why can't "real" love feel more like the love of a "fantasy."


Maybe I can get Joe to read Nicholas Sparks' books and tell him to take notes on all the romantic things the men say, think, feel and do.

9 comments:

Julie Baldwin said...

So my own personal opinion on "Fairy Tale Love" is that real love, eternal love is about a billion times better. I feel that love the most for Devin when we are in the temple together. Maybe it's because he looks REALLY good in white. Maybe it is love times the spirit. Whatever the combination, it is way better than books and the movies. I just wish I were better at expressing it to him. He is so good about saying "I love you." I need to be better about doing my part to make our love a fairy tale.

Erica said...

I absolutely love Nicholas Sparks' books. I think I started reading them because I had heard you talk about them at school before. Once I read one - I was hooked! I read almost every one he's written in the matter of a couple of months. I think "The Choice" has been my favorite :)

And I agree with the romantic stuff - and having husbands read them is a great idea :)

cathy said...

If giving you a bouquet of brocolli isn't romantic then nothing will be. You make your own romance out of the situation. Romance is the showing of love in the private one one one actions that are understood by just the two of you. Personally, I think Joe sleeping under your pink flannel blanket so that you don't have too many covers on is rather romantic! Take it for what it is. Love is love regardless of how it is diplayed, and maybe it shouldn't be put on display as often as it is. Remember, your dad and I have been practicing being in love for 40 years, and you have to keep looking for the romantic action and make adjustments as they are needed. Now I will get off my soap box and go watch another "Western Movie" with your dad. Maybe he will watch "You'v gor Mail" with with me later.
Love Mom

Joe said...

I taught Nicholas Sparks everything he knows.

Jodi said...

Jessica, thanks for leaving a message on my blog so that I could find yours. You have an adorable family. I took Jack to Portrait Innovations for his 2 year photos. I checked their website and they have one studio in Provo.

One more thing, since your found my blog from Michelle, I thought I'd tell you about Becca Bishop's blog. Click on The Bishops under friends on my blogs sidebar. I'm sure she'd love to hear from you too.

Rachael said...

Give me a break, this post is seven days old and you whine about mine? It is updated now.

Krazy Khania said...

I totally disagree. I don't need that kind of romance. Flowers and surprises are nice but you can keep the "bursting into song"

Joe said...

Thank you all for your support on this one. But the truth is I could add a little more Sparksian methodology into my repertoire of love. It would never hurt to add another arrow in my quiver of romance.

I will say this about Sparks's books, though, and even Jessica would have to admit this. If I would have hit on Jess the same way that the Notebook dude hit on his girl, she would have turned me down in one point three seconds flat, and probably called the police in the process. And today I'd be found on some internet prowler registry. So I am not making TOO many apologies.

Julie Baldwin said...

Joe, you are my hero! I couldn't agree with you more. I think most of the "romantic things" that happen in books would be qualified as "creepy" in real life.

Have we ever told you how much we like you? You are great!