
Hayden is growing up way too fast. He thinks he is so big. He is really working on communicating with people. He signs a few words, eat, drink, more and again. He says, Dada, Mama, down (as in down came the rain), ashes (from Ring Around the Rosie). He thinks I'm Dada. If he wants you to do something he comes to you and takes your hand. Once you start to go he lets go of your hand and expects you to follow. He turns around a few times to make sure you are still following. If he doesn't get what he wants he stiffens his entire body and starts to yell at you. That drives me crazy.
He loves to play Ring Around the Rosie over and over again. He is getting very good at Itsy Bitsy Spider. A week ago all he did was "down" but a few days ago he learned how to move his little hands for the spider. When he does "up came the sun" his hand only come up to his eyes. Hopefully one day he will do it on command and I can get it video taped.
One of Hayden's other favorite things to do is to put on his finger puppets and scare people. All of his finger puppet animals says "roar." At work he has been taking drink holders that have a little hole in the bottom and putting them on his fingers to scare people, as if they were finger puppets.
Hayden loves to vacuum. To bad I don't have his enthusiasm for the activity. Whenever he sees the vacuum he wants me to get it out. He knows where his Grandma Young keeps the vacuum and he tries get people to get it out for him all the time.

He loves outside more than anything. Most days he stands at the front door at 7:30 am crying because I won't let him go outside. I can't wait until we consistently have nice weather so he can play outside every day.
As far as eating goes he still has his favorites, chocolate, chocolate, candy, oranges, and more chocolate. He doesn't really like meat. He will eat chicken nuggets, hamburger in soups, and today he had fish sticks and loved them. He won't eat vegetables unless it is in soup. I gave him green beans the other day and he looked at them, picked one up and pulled a funny face, then he gave it to me to eat. He would not even taste it. He really wants to feed himself. He is really good eating with a fork but there are somethings I just hate to let him feed himself, such as yogurt and oatmeal. He gets so mad at me if I try to feed him. Hayden loves to sit on the kitchen floor to eat. He also likes to feed me bites of whatever he is eating, unless of course it is chocolate.


I really enjoy being able to be with Hayden everyday. He brings me so much joy.

2 comments:
He is sooo adorable! I love it when they become so independant; but it is also frusterating when they want to do EVERYTHING themselves. Mostly because it is no fun cleaning up the mess....but we let them so they will learn and grow. right?
SO cute! I love the cup holder trick - I'll have to try it!
Post a Comment