My dad was out of town on Friday so my mom decided to play hooky from work in the afternoon. We went to the mall, and Gardner Village.
Since Joe and I have been banned from wearing our contacts Hayden has decided that glasses are way cool. He is always picking up Joe's old glasses and trying to put them on. I told Hayden that I would buy him some sunglasses. I bought him a black pair and red pair from Children's Place for $5. He seems to really like them and I think he looks adorable.
At South Towne mall they have a little dinosaur play place with slides and other toys to climb on. We let Hayden play for a bit until some older kids came and were way too rowdy.
When we went to Gardner Village we got our sample of fudge, of course. And as you would suspect, Hayden wanted more. We took him to the bakery and bought him a slice of bread and my mom and I shared a cinnamon roll. We sat on the lawn and enjoyed our treat.
The ducks were playing in the stream and I asked Hayden if he wanted to feed the ducks. A man gave us a roll to feed to the ducks but of course Hayden thought it was for him to eat. By the end of the roll however, he had figured out how to throw the bread to the ducks. He didn't want to stop feeding them.
It was so fun to have such a care free day and just enjoy being together.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Fun Friday
Posted by Young Family at 12:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That does sound like a fun day! I was just talking with my neighbor about the dinosaur play area at the mall. We need to take the kids there - and to Gardner Village. I haven't been there in years. So why have you guys been banned from wearing your contacts? Are you getting Lasix?
Jessica- how are you- I am a crazy blog surfer- found you through Julie. My heart broke to hear about little Scott. Our #2 boy has Scott for a middle name- email me and I can invite you to our family blog. sharla.palmer@gmail.com
take care
Glad you had such a great day! I love those times!
I love Gardner Village! What a fun day. I can't wait to be able to do stuff like that during the week, during the day!
Post a Comment