CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ouch!

8/14/09


Hayden loves to climb this fence in my parents' back yard. He does it all the time. The other day I looked out the window and could tell Hayden needed to go potty so I waled out on the patio and told him to come in and go potty. He started on his way but then decided to climb the fence on his way. I turned around for a second and the next thing I knew he was on the ground crying. I told him to hurry and get up so he could go potty. He got up and started running over to me. Just as he got over to me I saw the blood stained shirt.

Thankfully, my mom was right there and able to take Parker from me. We quickly went to the pediatrician's office to get stitches. When I called to see if they did stitches the receptionist said yes and I told her I was on my way. She asked who my doctor is and I told her. The stupid girl responded with, "Well he doesn't have any appointments available until later this afternoon." Are you an idiot lady. I told her AGAIN that my son cracked his head open and I needed to come in immediately. She said I could see someone else if I wanted. I said I didn't care who I saw but I would be there in less than five minutes.





Cleaning it off


Putting the numbing gel on



Playing with his new "squirt gun" while waiting for the doctor



As you can see he wasn't very upset at all.


Two staples. He said ouch as each staple was put in but that was all. No tears! Hayden is one tough kid!


3 comments:

Sarah M said...

That blood is scary, I would have totally panicked. He's such a tough kid! Glad he was ok.

McIntire Madness said...

Nice staples! Not many kids can say they had their head stapled!

Brynnly and Alan said...

I don't know how mom's do that stuff! It makes me so sad just to see other kids get hurt. That receptions is an idiot, for sure! What's wrong with people! What are you going to say, "OK, maybe I'll just wait until tomorrow!" Come on!