CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 21, 2009

Homeless

In June Joe and I had talked about buying a house by my parents. On Sunday, June 14th we decided that we were going to put an offer on the house. I thought about it all night long and the next morning just did not feel good about it. I met Joe at work for lunch to express my concerns. What if he doesn't find a job for a while? What if he gets a job and it's out of state? What if it is still in Utah but he ends up with an hour and a half commute each day? I felt really strongly that we needed to put our house up for sale and move in with my parents after it sold until Joe had a new job. We talked to my parents and of course they said we could live with them. On Tuesday I was trying to figure out what we needed to do to list the house. Wednesday my mom mentioned to the neighbor that we were putting our house up for sale and their daughter and husband came and looked at it and gave us an offer the next day.

We closed on July 22. I didn't have any idea how much I would miss my house. I bought my house before I even met Joe. All of our dating took place there. That was our first house as a family. That is where we lived when my three boys were born. I have lots of memories of my first house.

I never had taken any pictures of my house so the night before we closed I quickly took a few pictures of my empty house.

I feel it was totally meant to be. I feel blessed to have been able to sell our home so quickly and get the price we were asking for. Now if Joe could just find a new job. I really need my own space.













3 comments:

Erin said...

Congratulations on selling the house. That is quite a feat in this market! I know what you mean about leaving the house where you became a family.

Candi said...

OK I want to say congrats on the house but I really just want to congratulate you on posting your whole summer in one day!!! I can't believe how big Parker is getting.

Sarah M said...

I had no idea you were moving! That is such a crazy story about your house. It sounds like it all worked out though, email me or give me a call, we really need to get together!