I love to visit cemeteries on Memorial Day. Growing up, my family drove to Idaho every year to visit my great grandparents' graves. I have so many wonderful memories of those trips. I am grateful to be able to have a place to go and think about and celebrate Scott. (check out Scott's blog)



After visiting Scott's grave we went to my grandpa's grave and to lunch with Grandma Great. Then we went to Joe's Uncle's grave and his grandparents. I hope Hayden and Parker will always know that Memorial Day is not just a day off work/school to have a barbecue to kick of summer. It is time to think of those who have gone before us.
When we were finished visiting cemeteries we had a great evening with Joe's family.

We played Boccie.


Hayden got Grandpa to do whatever he said.

Most importantly we celebrated Jill's birthday with chocolate cake and home-made strawberry ice cream. Unfortunately Jill was in Europe and missed her own party.
1 comments:
I was going to ask you....where exactly is scott burried? I looked around for you when we were at the cemetary that day. MY husband's mom is in the north east side of the cemetary. You'll have to let me know.
Post a Comment