Little Parky had his six month checkup this week. He is little! He has basically fallen off his growth curve and is only in the 3%. He didn't even gain half a pound in the last two months. He currently weighs 13 lbs. 9 oz. A lot of babies only weigh that much and it is fine. The problem is, like I said before, He dropped off the curve.
We have had a few problems nursing lately. I lost my milk supply so Parker wasn't getting anything to eat. I realized this when Parker had no wet diapers for a few days. The pediatrician's nurse wanted my OB to give me a prescription for Reglan. The OB said, "No way!" Apparently it causes severe post partum depression. I have been taking Fenugreek, an herbal supplement, and have increased the amount of water I drink. I also have tried nursing and pumping more frequently. It has helped. Parker still isn't a big eater but at least I know he is getting milk again.
He still hasn't started solids. We had to wait until the milk issue was resolved. I was hoping to start after his checkup but since he hadn't been gaining weight appropriately we have do wait another two weeks. Parker will go back to the pediatrician on June 30 for a weight check, if he has gained we will call my milk issue resolved and he can have food. If he doesn't have enough of a gain we will have to start adding formula powder to bottles of breast milk to increase the calories. Hopefully all will be well. I think it will be okay, he is eating again.
Thankfully these eating problems haven't caused any developmental delays. He is practically crawling. He scoots, rolls, gets on his hand and knees and lunges forward, bear walks, etc. Parker can sit himself up when he is on the floor playing and will sit for a while supporting himself with one hand. He will not let me sit him down. He still doesn't sit up straight. I can't put him in the Bumbo very much because he climbs out. (I video taped that last week. I will post it soon.)
Parker is the biggest mama's boy ever. He always wants to be held by me. If I walk out of the room he bawls. I complain that I can't get anything done with him (but secretly I love it).
Hayden and Parker are so cute together. When Hayden plays with Parker the both giggle and smile. I hope their sweet relationship lasts forever. The boys are finally sleeping in the same room. I decided Parker was finally too big for the cradle so I moved him to the crib in Hayden's room. The have done just fine with it. The only downside is that Hayden gets up so early. When Parker wakes up in the morning it disturbs Hayden enough that he wakes up a few minutes later.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Parker - 6 Months
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Jessica- email me I have some more nursing info for you ;) I have been on a totally safe drug each time -lactation specialists recommend it- it isn't super cheap but totally works and is totally safe :) good luck!
Your boys are so cute! I'm glad you found my blog so then I could see what you are up to as well. It seems so long ago we were all at Freedom...now we are all across the country. Anyway, you have an adorable family!
Post a Comment