CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Air Show

At the beginning of July I took the boys to the Air Show with Joe's family (Joe was in Wyoming with my dad). The morning did not get off to a good start. I was in the worst part of having no milk for Parker, I needed to get to my cousin's house to pick up some Fenugreek to help with the milk supply, Hayden was being a pill, Joe was out of town, I was stressed, etc., etc., etc.

On our way up to Hill Air Force base I got stuck in a horrible traffic jam. There had been accidents on I-15 both directions. The accidents were so bad that the freeway had been shut down for Life Flight and there was at least one fatality. We sat in traffic so long that Parker was then screaming because he needed to eat. Hayden was crying that he needed to go potty. As soon as we got off the freeway in Layton I ran Hayden potty in a gas station and then sat in the car to feed Hayden before we finished our drive.

We had a great time at the show. When I was little I remember going to the air show with my dad. He was in the Air Force until I was born. I think the last time I had been to an air show I was 10. I had spacer in my teeth for braces. I ate a fruit flavored Tootsie Roll and pulled out my spacer. (Don't you love random memories?)

I like the cool contrail from the fighter jets.


My boys and me


Hayden shaking the pilots hand.


Cool airplane


Sitting on Grandma Young's lap


This is what we did, stared at the sky.


The boy cousins (the little girls didn't come)



After the air show we went to Brad and JanaLynn's for a yummy bar-b-que. Since I was stuck in traffic I couldn't get to my cousin's house until after dinner. She was kind enough to meet me at the freeway. I didn't get home until after 10:30. It was a VERY long day, fun but long.

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Nice video! I loved the airshow!

Candi said...

I think we will have to wait for a few years to go and see the show. The princess doesn't like loud sounds! It looks like you guys had a blast!