CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend Getaway

For the Labor Day/Joe's birthday weekend Hayden stayed with his Grandma and Grandpa Young (Thank you!) so Joe and I could go out of town with some friends. We went to St. George with our friends Matt and Michelle.


On the drive down for some reason we began discussing drug busts. Later that evening we were enjoying a nice dinner at the Olive Garden. Joe told the waitress he would like angel hair pasta with the four cheese marijuana sauce. We were all laughing hysterically and Joe didn't have a clue he had even said it. (Maybe you had to be there)


The reason we went to St. George was because Matt one tickets to Les Miserables at Tuacahn. We had great seats. I was very impressed with the production (although the wigs should be replaced.)



Sunday we had a nice time visiting the St. George Temple. As I was listening to the sister missionary I noticed another missionary. He was an older gentleman that I though I knew. After a second glance I realized how I "knew" him. It was Mark Eubank. It is funny to me how after so many years of someone being on the news it really is as if you knew him. While we were there we heard a few different people talking to him about watching him on the news.


After the temple we went to Zion Nation Park. The weather could not have been any more perfect that day. It was a beautiful day but not at all hot or cold, just perfect. We did two hikes and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. We saw several deer, frogs, turkeys and tons of squirrels. (I bet they weighed a ton. They were the fattest squirrels I've ever seen.)
Joe caught a frog

We stopped at Cove Fort on our way home. It has been several years since I had been there. It was fun to see and listen to the stories. I was surprised to hear that during peak season there are 28 missionary couples serving there. They also get a bunch of referrals. The day before we were there they had received 13 referrals (that's impressive).

One of the best parts about the trip is that there is now an In-N-Out Burger in St. George. Oh how I love the double-double with grilled onions. It was tasty.
Thanks Michelle and Matt for inviting us along.

4 comments:

Michelle... said...

I am so glad you guys were able to come. It was such a fun trip. We still laugh about Joe and the marijuana sauce. It will be forever a classic! I think it was so cool that we ran into Sister & Elder Eubank. I wondered where he went after retiring. Ready to plan next years trip?

mylittlegems said...

Looks like a fun trip! I did not know they had In and Out there now. Dang- that was the one place we have here that was not in Ut. By the way, you don't even look pregnant. U look really good and make me want to go get on the treadmill right now.

Adam and Tami said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Yummy In-N-Out is the perfect ending to any great trip.

Sarah Garner said...

Haha my hubby is going to be so happy to hear that story about Elder Eubanks! We love him and we were so sad when he retired, but my husband "bet me" a thousand dollars he was retiring to go serve a mission!

Sounds like a very fun trip!

Next time we get a hankering for some marinara sauce, we're coming to your house!!!