A few weeks ago Joe planned the annual "Weekend for Hayden." They had a great time. On Friday Joe got off work early and took Hayden swimming. That evening they went to dinner at Wendy's and then went to Cabela's. Joe said Hayden loved Cabela's and would roar at all the animals. I'm sure he loved more with his dad than his mom because Mommy would have made him be in a stroller but Daddy was willing to chase him around. When they got back from Cabela's they had a camp out in the backyard. Hayden slept great in the tent until 6:00 am. After Hayden was up and had eaten breakfast the three of us drove up Big Cottonwood Canyon to Brighton. Joe put Hayden in the backpack and we enjoyed a nice early morning hike up to Lake Mary. It was really pretty up there. Hayden loved to throw rocks in the lake and was very sad when it was time to go.




Even though Joe said it was a weekend for Hayden I really think it was a weekend for Mommy. Friday night I got to go get a pedicure and a milkshake with a friend. It was a great weekend for all. 
Monday, September 8, 2008
Weekend for Hayden
Posted by Young Family at 7:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a great idea! I'm forcing a "Weekend with Sammy" on Elton (not really :) by going on a scrapbook retreat this weekend. I hope they have fun!
Weekend for Hayden was a blast! I'll be doing it every year. Maybe next year we'll go on a real campout, though, instead of just pitching a tent in the backyard.
So fun- wish we had the time and means to do something so fun- maybe we just need to plan it. After another night of police helicopters circling over our heads and I'm not so sure I would want them sleeping in the backyard. Looks reallly fun !
Post a Comment