CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Swimming Lessons

When he first got in the pool.

Hayden started swimming lessons last Saturday. It is a parent-child class. It shouldn't be called swimming lessons because the teacher doesn't do anything. Basically the class is for parents to play with their babies to help them not be afraid of the water.

Hayden absolutely loves the water. When I went to register him for class he saw the swimming pool and watched through the glass for quite a while. The day of his class it was all I could do to keep him on my lap until time for his class.
So Happy

He was so happy to get in the water and had a huge smile. He probably had been in the pool 60 seconds when he slipped and went under water. When Joe picked him back up he wasn't quite as happy. It took a few minutes to get him calmed back down. All he wanted was to get out and come to Mommy. But Joe was great and took him where it was even more shallow (12") and he was fine again and had a great time.

After going under


7 comments:

Michelle... said...

He looks like he is having a ball. His lessons are at the South Jordan pool, right? It looks fun.

kenders said...

Great job getting him lessons! Although, too bad I'm not teaching that class, when I taught it in Cali we actually did things! :)

Michelle said...

Is this Oquirrh Park Fitness Center? It looks just like it.

Young Family said...

It is West Jordan-Gene Fullmer. All the new county recs are like this and some older ones have been redone I think.

Kathryn the Great said...

I believe in swimming...I used to teach those parent/tot classes...so fun! Thanks for looking at my blog. I haven't seen you since I heard about your new addition on the way. Congratulations!

Krazy Khania said...

so cute!! I love babies in the water!

Carrie said...

Very Cute, I love baby/tot swim lessons.