Big Boy Bed
Yesterday we (meaning I) decided to take the side off Hayden's crib. We put him to bed and he didn't try to get off the bed. He started to cry because he didn't want to go to bed but he just stood at the end like he always does. I thought it was funny.
Well, Hayden is a really wiggly sleeper. As soon as he had fallen asleep he rolled over and out of bed. I heard a thump followed by a cry. He was sitting in the floor on his knees. When I picked him up he held on to my shirt and cuddle tightly. Once he was calmed down I put him back in bed. He did fine until he rolled out of bed again at 4:30. I put him right back in bed but he wouldn't let me leave so I just sat by him for a few minutes.
When he woke up this morning he stood at the end of the bed and hollered till we came to get him. He is down for a nap now and hasn't fallen out yet. Hopefully he won't fall out too many more times.
Nursery
Hayden should start nursery next month but today I had my brother's girls at church, Lindzie is in nursery so I decided to send Hayden too. He went in so happily. I tried to enjoy Sunday School but I kept turning around to make sure that if the nursery leader brought him I would see them come in. He never came :)
Unfortunately, they brought him in about 15 minutes into Relief Society. They said after snack he was just really tired and started to cry. Yeah right! He was crying because they put the snacks away.
I can't believe he isn't a little baby any more.

8 comments:
It was nice to be in Sunday School and actually being able to listen to the lesson for a change. Before I would follow him around the classroom (gym) making sure he didn't sneak into other diaper bags or car seats. I am a big fan of nursery now (hopefully they don't call me and Jessica to be the nursery leaders, though).
So fun to think that nursery time is so close!
My friends are trying to put their twins in big kid beds but really all they are are their cribs mattresses on the floor with little headboards. It might help the rolling out thing :)
I love the nursery! FREEDOM!
as for the beds; have ya tried one of those bed rails? We bought one at Walmart for Wesley. It has been wonderful! Give it a try. The one we have is adjustable in length. We used it on his crib, and now it is on his "big boy bed".
I thought about a rail but it was Saturday night so I couldn't get one. Plus if I just put a rail I might as well have kept him in his crib. It really isn't a long fall and he seems to be figuring it out quickly. (that sounded heartless, but it really isn't).
I love Hayden's see food diet.
Yeah for nursery and a child who goes willingly! Good luck with the big boy bed. Hopefully he gets use to it. If you want to borrow our bed rail for a couple of days to try it out, let me know.
I usually cry when they put the snacks away too :(
Grant fell out of his crib w/o the side but he kept sleeping. Since then he's fallen off and out of beds/couches and he always stays asleep. He's funny.
Post a Comment