CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 4, 2009

Camping

Joe took Hayden to our ward's Father and son camp out this year. They went to the Little Sahara Sand Dunes. I was nervous to send them because it was rather chilly. Mostly I was worried because we had only been potty training for a short time.
Joe and Hayden got on the road around 3:00 and shortly thereafter realized they didn't have the poles for the tent. They came home and got them and headed off again. Ive been told the weather was really nice until the sun went down. Then it got cold. Joe said that Hayden woke up a few times in the night and he was so afraid he would wake everyone up.
The Bishop told me that he was impressed that Joe took Hayden but that next time he would be able to relax more and not worry so much about Hayden. I guess he was nervous every time they were around the fire.
According to Joe, Hayden's favorite part was "exploring." When you ask Hayden about camping he gets really excited and says "sleeping bag" over and over.
I asked Joe to please take a lot of pictures. When I uploaded the pictures there were a total of four pictures. Actually there were only two pictures but each one had been taken from a wide view and a close view. Way to document our son's first camping trip.


I am so glad that Joe wanted to take Hayden and have this one on one time with him. I'm glad they both had a great time and I look forward to sending them camping for the weekend often.

4 comments:

Candi said...

That sounds like so much fun. Don't you wish you were there though? We have a few pictures of that tree too.

Michelle... said...

How fun for them. Our fathers and sons is at the end of the month. Matt and James will have a great time. I'm excited for them!

Krazy Khania said...

That is fun!! I love the 2 photos Joes got they are exactly what camping is all about!

Joe said...

I would have taken more, but the camera I took runs out of batteries after four pictures. It was the old camera. I know Bishop took some more pictures, so maybe we'll get a couple more.