CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Salt Lake 5K

This year I set two New Year's resolutions. I am proud to say I am doing great. One goal was to participate in the Salt Lake 5K. Notice I said "participate". Due to having a c-section I couldn't start working out until February. Then I got bronchitis and Parker was in the hospital. Excuses, excuses, I know. I was much, much slower than the last time I did this race but that is okay. At least I did it.


Here are a some of the people I met up with for the race. Wendy, Rachael, Carrie Ann, Me, Jillian

13 comments:

Julie Baldwin said...

Way to go!

Erin said...

We did a 5k a few weeks ago too! I walked half and ran the other half. Way to stick to your resolution!

And to your credit, those were some pretty valid excuses!

Candi said...

That is awesome. Congratulations for sticking to it! What is your other resolution?

Rachael said...

You were a great participant, and you got me to do it with you. I have to keep reminding myself that I don't like running because I want to run another 5K. Perhaps you should come out my way to run one with me.

mylittlegems said...

Great job-way to go! I know those darn c-sections- I would start working out lots sooner if I didn't have to have that everytime :) Way to go!

Erica said...

Congrats! You look great :)

Michelle... said...

Good for you! I'll have to do it with you next year.

Brynnly and Alan said...

Congrats! You did it! I don't know anyone who keeps their New Years resolutions! ;)

Jodi said...

I love that you can cross off a resolution. So impressive.

Brittany said...

Dang GIRL!!! You are awesome!! I seriously don't know how you did that so fast after having a baby! I still use those excuses and my baby is four! :) GOOD JOB!!

bryceandjamie said...

Hi Jess! I'm so glad you have a blog! Your boys are sooo cute and that's awesome you ran a 5k. Way to go!

Texas Tingey said...

YOU GO GIRL! My goal is to get my heart and lungs in shape so I don't run out of breath just walking across the floor! LOL j/j (it really isn't that bad)
You look great! Your boys are soooo handsome and really growing up!!
Hey! I am going to Blanding for the 4th.

Krazy Khania said...

Good for you Jess! It's not always easy.