CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 4, 2009

Roll Baby, Roll.

Parker is growing and changing so quickly right now. At his four month checkup he weighed 13 lbs. 4 oz. (20%) is 25.7" long (75%) and his head is 16 cm. (10%).

He is the sweetest baby ever. I love him so much. He still sleeps through the night. He still has a yucky nose and sounds terrible. He still loves to cuddle. He still loves interacting with people. He still loves Mommy the best!

Parker has learned some new things recently. Last Sunday, April 26, Parker rolled over all by himself. I had been feeding him and had to stop to help Hayden so I laid him down on the floor. When I came back I noticed he was on his tummy and I was pretty sure I put him on his back. So, I turned him over and watched. He didn't move. I walked into the kitchen to get something and when I turned back around he was on his tummy again. I missed it AGAIN! I rolled him over to his back again and just waited. He rolled over again and this time I saw it. Joe had just come home from a meeting and was able to see it too. Three days later he rolled from his belly to his back. He has only done this a few times.

I mentioned before that Parker likes to cuddle. Not only does he like to cuddle Mommy

he likes to cuddle soft/silky blankets and stuffed animal. He was sitting in his car seat while I was at work and was crying. Brea's teddy bear was there so I gave it to him. He started to snuggle it and fell asleep. When it was time to leave I took it away and he started to cry. I gave it back and he stopped. Needless to say we took it home for the day.

Poor Parker doesn't have much that is his own. I gave Parker Hayden's toy Tadbit (it is a frog head with the silky blanket for the body). Parker loves it. Hayden has now decided he really likes that toy, too. Even though he has never been interested in it until now.

Parker has started playing with toys lately. He likes to sit in the Bumbo and play with toys or lay on the play mat and swat at the toys. When sitting in his bouncer seat he can pull the cow and make it play music. I love how he is learning to make things happen.

His latest accomplishment is spitting/raspberries. He started spitting at church yesterday. I had to keep wiping his slobbery chin. We love him so much and are grateful for such a sweet baby boy.

7 comments:

Brynnly and Alan said...

Parker is such a good little baby! You sure do make motherhood look easy. ;)

Carrie said...

such a cutie, hope he keeps getting better

Sarah M said...

That is an adorable picture of Parker sleeping, what an angel! And yes, let's get together soon email at my gmail and let's see what works!

Erin said...

Congratulations Parker! We had to hide behind the couch to get a peek at Tyler when he started crawling. You have such a sweet little boy!

Jodi said...

4 months already? Wow, time flies (as cliche as it is). He's a cutie!

PS-Jack is (also) way more fascinated in his old baby toys now than he ever was as a baby. I guess toys are always most desirable when they are unavailable :)

Krazy Khania said...

I love the bear in his face. He is getting so big.

Sarah S said...

I'm so behind on my google reader!! I'm finally catching up. Parker is so cute and it's fun seeing your updates since then.