CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Gifts

This year for Mother's Day I decided to try something new. I bought clear glass vases for my mom and my mother-in-law and etched them.
The pictures aren't great but you'll get the idea if you ever want to try it. On one vase I put sticky hole reinforcers (that you put on paper for three ring binders) all over the vase. On the other one I used painters tape and masked stripes.

Next you put on a heavy coat of Armor Etch and let it sit for about 10 minutes. After it has sat you wash it off with water then remove the tape/stickers. Dry the glass and like magic you will see what has been etched.


I filled the vases with pretty flowers (oops, I forgot to take a picture).

5 comments:

cathy said...

I loved my mother's day gift. I had no idea she had made it. It is so cute and a very usable size for cuttings from the garden this summer.

Jillian said...

I didn't know you etched that. Cool! Do you need me take a picture and send it to you?

Mike and Erika said...

What a cute idea! They turned out really nice. Your are so creative!!

Brynnly and Alan said...

You are so creative! They look great!

Courtney said...

hello sweet girl. I am so sorry that we had to connect on such similar heartbreaking circumstances. I am always up for meeting angel mommies and I look forward to getting to know more about you and your beautiful family.

*hugs*