Hayden is so much fun lately. He keeps me on my toes and keeps me smiling. He still talks nonstop but I ow understand 90% of what he says. He is very observant, especially in the car, and tells me everything he sees and hears.
He did a great job being potty trained. It took about four solid days and then now he tells me when he has to go. He only has accidents when he gets too busy playing with his cousin and I forget to remind him. We are still working on night time.
When I comb his hair he always says, "I'm handsome." He has now started asking my to spike his hair, which I think is pretty silly.
I bought Hayden a new pair of tennis shoes the other day and I told him they would make him run fast. Whenever I say shoes or he sees them he says, "tennis shoes...run fast."
The most frustrating thing with Hayden right now his when we talk about future events. One day my dad had Hayden and they were picking Joe up from the bus stop. My dad asked Hayden if he would like to go to a baseball game with Papa and Daddy one day. Hayden got excited to go to baseball. When they pulled in the driveway he has a melt down because he thought they were going to the baseball game right then. This happens all the time. So we have tried to be careful and not talk about baseball or parks, or merry-go-rounds. The only thing we can talk about that is going to happen that he is okay if it doesn't happen immediately is bedtime. He will happily put that off as long as possible.

6 comments:
I think those are the same shoes I bought for James. They'll love that. I have so learned that I tell James we are doing something exciting the day of. Too much drama before.
I love that he asks you to spike his hair. Too funny! Landon has no choice w/ his hair since it grows in a way that makes it stick straight up! Poor kid...I spike it, and he always flattens it -but it still sticks straight up :)
Way to go on the potty training!!
Congrats on the potty training! Doesn't it feel so good?
He is so handsome!
What a cute picture of him! He's such a doll! Congrats on the potty training! :)
Your boys are so cute! Hayden is getting so big! They grow up so fast!
Post a Comment