CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 3, 2009

Parker Update

Parker is doing so much better. Here he is in the hospital having his breathing treatment. I love his dinosaur mask.

Even though he is getting better he still isn't completely healthy yet. I took him back to the pediatrician this week because of his cough. In the middle of the night he coughs so hard that his entire body shakes and he starts to gag/choke. He then starts to cry but somehow stays asleep. Mom on the other hand cannot sleep because it is rather scary. The doctor said his lungs sound clear if you can listen past the congestion. They did give us another prescription for the suction clinic so we have been doing that again every night before bed. When I was talking the the respiratory therapist (same one who sent us to the ER and then by ambulance to PCMC) the other night expressing my concern/frustration he said, "You have to understand he was very very sick. It is going to take a long time for him to get better."

Even though he still sounds so yucky he is acting happier every day. He is really starting to enjoy looking at the toys on his play gym and occasionally tries to get them.

3 comments:

Sarah S said...

yikes, I hate when Charlie does that coughing/gagging thing in the night. I'm so sorry it will take a while for Parker to be completely better, but I'm glad his lungs are clear.

Michelle... said...

That dino mask is great. Scott's was a regular boring mask. Glad he is doing better.

Brynnly and Alan said...

He is a trooper! Glad things are getting better! Hang in there!