CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 3, 2009

Spoiled

Tuesday, Joe and I participated in a session at the Draper temple. We were supposed to be there at 6:30 to attend the 7:00 session. Due to feeding Parker we were running a bit late. It took right about 30 minutes to get to the temple. It felt like forever. I thought to myself that I was glad to be going and seeing the new temple but this would probably be the only time we go to that temple. It is just too far away. Then I started thinking about how spoiled I have been my entire life. I grew up less than two miles away from the Jordan River Temple. When I was in Young Women I walked to the temple. It now takes me about 15 minutes to get to the Jordan River Temple and the Oquirrh Mountain Temple is half way between my and the Jordan River Temple.

I guess it is a good thing I live where I do instead of somewhere that I would have to travel hours and hours to get to the temple.

1 comments:

The Monkey Mama said...

While living in NH, we would take a Temple Trip once a year to the Washington DC Temple. It took about 12-14 hours to get there and we would make a whole weekend out of it.
We really don't appreciate what we have with so many temples so close.