CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

RSV

Parker has been admitted to Primary Children's Medical Center. I went to the doctor on Friday and was told I had bronchitis. Parker started coughing late Saturday night and I decided we better get him checked before we went to Las Vegas. The doctor at the Urgent Care had us come in three times on Sunday to monitor him. He then decided to send us to PCMC to get tested for RSV. After five hours in the ER it was confirmed that he did have RSV. They sent us home and told us where to take him for RSV/bronchiolitis clinics (they suction out the babies and can do breathing treatment so babies don't have to be hospitalized).

I took him for suctioning three times yesterday, the third being at 2:00am. His heart rate was way too high and his oxygen was too low. They couldn't get him to the levels they wanted so we were transported via ambulance to PCMC.

We have been here for about three hours. Parker is doing okay. He is just on oxygen he hasn't had any breathing treatments here yet but I'm sure he will. Hopefully he will get better quickly.

14 comments:

Erica said...

Your poor little baby Jessica. I hope things improve quickly. Keep us updated. Your family will be in our prayers.

Allie said...

I'm so sorry! I hope he gets feeling better soon!

The Monkey Mama said...

Oh Jess! I'm so sorry! I hope he recovers quickly. We'll say extra prayers for Baby Parker.
Love,
Cort

Rachael said...

Get better soon Parker. We love you!

Julie Baldwin said...

I'm so sorry! Other than lots of prayers is there anything we can do for you guys? Give me a call if you need anything.

Sarah Garner said...

Oh I'm so sorry! Sami had RSV at 3 weeks, it is no fun at all! Poor little guy! We'll keep Parker in our prayers.

Kami said...

That stinks! RSV is no fun! I will keep you and him in my prayers. I think sometimes it is worse on Mom than the kids. Those nice Respiratory Therapists will get him all fixed up!

Sarah S said...

Jessica, I just got your darling package in the mail!! Thank you so much for the cute frog outfit.

And I am so sorry about the RSV. Eli had it as an older baby (I think he was 8 months or so) and it was miserable - he had to stay in the hospital overnight and the whole experience was so hard.

I keep wondering if Charlie has RSV, but the doctor has never actually tested him for it!! He has been sick for the last 7 weeks though - it seems way too long for a newborn. UGH.

Carrie said...

I hope he is getting better, our prayers are with Little Parker

Sarah M said...

Hang in there as best as you can. I'm sorry that you and Parker are sick, that's horrible. I'm sure they are taking great care of Parker there. Please let me know if you guys need anything, we'll be thinking about you.

Brynnly and Alan said...

I'm so sorry! We'll keep you in our prayers. Please keep us updated!

Jodi said...

It's always scary when babies are sick. I sincerely hope Parker is feeling better soon and that you can get over your bronchitis too.

Amy said...

oh that is scary! I hope he gets better soon! We will prayer for you!

mylittlegems said...

Oh dear that is no fun at all. I hope that he is better soon! We will keep you and Parker in our thoughts and prayers! Hang in there ;)