As most of you figured out, the pregnancy ticker was an announcement. I am pregnant! I am due January 6, 2009, The Day of Epiphany (otherwise known as Three Kings Day). I am so excited.
A lot of people are very surprised that I am telling the whole world so soon. (I found out on Wednesday, April 30, the day I put on the baby ticker). I used to think that you should wait until 12 weeks or so to tell people other than family. When I got pregnant with Scott we weren't going to tell anyone (including family) until November. I started bleeding right after I found out I was pregnant and so we told our parents and siblings because I needed a blessing and additional prayers. When I delivered Scott at 5 1/2 months a lot of people still didn't even know I was pregnant. This really bothered me because Scott is my sweet little boy and I love him; I want people to know about him. If this pregnancy end the same way the last one did I will again need thoughts, prayers and blessings as well as I want the world to know about my baby.
When I was pregnant with Hayden I didn't want to tell anyone the gender. I really wanted to keep it a surprise but some people seemed to get upset by this so we told our families we were having a boy. When I was pregnant with Scott I decided that since we would know the exact day the baby would be born and almost the exact time (due to a scheduled c-section) that it would be more fun not to know the gender. I was really excited for the surprise. When I was in the hospital knowing that I would be delivering my baby soon and that it would not be able to make it through the delivery it was really hard not knowing the gender. So I have decided that I will be finding out the gender so that If pregnancy is the only time I get to hold and feel my sweet little one wiggle that I want to take every moment possible to bond with my baby.
I am a nervous about this pregnancy but I am so excited. People have said that my pregnancy with Scott ended because "it wasn't meant to be." That could not be further from the truth. It was meant to be. Scott came when he was supposed to come. He got a body just like he was supposed to. I think Scott knew his time was short here so he begged his sibling to come when he did so that the other children can still be close in age.
Thanks for sharing in our excitement.
Monday, May 5, 2008
Announcement!
Posted by Young Family at 1:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Yeah! Yeah! I am the first to post a comment :) I am very excited for you guys!
First, congrats! Second, I totally understand. Even before Baby Zee, I always told people that I would want people's support if I had a miscarriage, just as much as I would if the baby was born healthy. Our prayers and excitement are with you. Don't stress it too much, most babies are born healthy. Here's to the next Young!
I am very excited for you! I agree with finding out the gender- only because with our last one, we did not - wanted it to be a surprise and then there were all these complications w/ things- due to the fact that he was a boy (you can read it on the blog if you wish Aug. 2007) So I hope and pray it all goes well!! I know how hard pregnancy can be- so I'll be thinking about you - hoping is all turns out right- and it will. Do you always have to have c-sections? I do. best of luck!
Congratulations! I'm glad you're so excited. And I also agree with telling people. If I had a miscarriage or there was something wrong, I would want to be able to tell people so I could have their support and prayers too! That's exciting to have your next child come. :)
Congratulations!! Did you find out before, during, or after your trip to Chicago?
I love your explanation behind announcing the pregnancy, Scott's short time on Earth, and finding out the gender. It's amazing what clarity comes with experience and how much people like me can learn from you. Congrats on the pregnancy; I'm so excited for you and hubby.
I found out the night I got home from Chicago. I'm not sure if I was ill from the flight or pregnancy but I felt really yucky and it got worse not better as time went on. But I haven't been sick since that night.
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! I couldn't agree more with everything that you have said! Every baby is part of the family from the moment they are conceived, and every mom wants to show their baby off from the moment they know they are there! It's always seemed a little morbid to me to wait until you get to the "safe zone" as if you are expecting the baby not to make it! Most babies do so enjoy this pregnancy! You'll probably appreciate this time around even more now that you know first hand what a blessing each child is!
Congrats Jess, I am so excited for you. I was about to start bugging you to start running with me but, I'll give you a break until next year.
Love ya.
Post a Comment