Today was Hayden's and Parker's third day of daycare. They are doing well. Hayden absolutely loves it and does not mind being left one bit. Yesterday when I told him it was time to go he told me he wanted to stay and keep playing. I miss the boys so much while I am at work but am so glad that Hayden is so happy.
Parker is just Parker. Monday they said unless he was eating or being held he was crying. That sound like most days with Parker. He did not nap well Monday or Tuesday but did a lot better today. I told the center that he needed to be put to bed at nap time and if he cries that is fine. He needs to cry it out. He took two good naps today as opposed to one short Nap the last two days.
When I pick Parker up in the evening he is exhausted. This early wake up and not long naps is not the best for him. I put him to bed early last night and had some things to do so Joe and I took Hayden to run errands and to dinner. It was so late when we got Hayden to bed. He was so tired he peed the bed twice last night and didn't even get out of bed to tell me. I heard him crying and went to get him and he was sound asleep. I had to wake him up to get him to go potty and change his clothes/bedding.
The second time he peed made me laugh because when I went to get him his pants were half way off and he was crying in bed. While I was getting him clean underwear he said, "I was trying to get my jeans off and I started to pee." I guess I can say Hayden shared his first dream. He thought he was in the bathroom trying to go potty.
When I picked the boys up today Hayden's teacher told me he told everyone at lunch he needed to bless the food and he did. I was so happy because one of my big concerns of daycare is who will teach/remind my boys to pray. I am glad Hayden has learned that it is important.
Parker's teacher told me she counted Parker taking 12 steps today. He took his first two steps last wee, and by Sunday he had taken as many as six steps. Tonight he was sitting on the floor and stood up with out holding on to anything. He is getting so big.
So far I am pleased with the daycare center. I am glad they tell me all about my children's day.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Daycare
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I am glad the boys are doing so good in daycare. I was worried about Parker but, it seems like he is adjusting.
Post a Comment