CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Embarassing Moment

Last night I went to dinner with my family to Texas Road House. Hayden had been sitting on Papa's lap and dumped his cup of water all over. At that point Papa said it was time to put Hayden in the highchair. As my mom picked him up I noticed he had kicked his shoe off under the table but we couldn't reach it at the moment. Oh well!

When you have a birthday they have you sit on the saddle and give a Big Texas Yea Haw! We told our waitress that Hayden just turned two. I was sitting across the table from Hayden and could not get past the car seat and around to help him when they came to do his birthday. As the waitress took him out of the high chair I saw he had now kicked off the other shoe and one sock. And his pants were unsnapped and unzipped. Like I said before, I couldn't get to him to help. So, they stuck him up on the saddle and he did not like it at all. He started to cry. I'm not sure if he was crying because strangers were picking him up or if he was crying because they set down ice cream in front of him and then took him away from it.

So as you can see from the picture it was not my proudest mothering moment. Then again, since Parker was born I have had many moments I would like to have not gone through. I'll save those for another post.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

The whole Mom of two thing has a steep learning curve and it's hard not to feel 100% in control. But I think that if shoes off and pants unbuttoned are your biggest blunders you're definitely doing really well. Amazingly well in fact, pat yourself on the back for going out in public as much as you do. 3-4 weeks post postpartum I was still walled up at home.

Mike and Erika said...

You have done an outstanding job with the 2 kids. You definately learn with two to pick your battles!

Jen said...

Okay, those pics are so funny, but I know how embarassing that can be!

It's amazing how tricky life gets with 2 kids so close in age - I'm sure your'e doing a lot better than you think :) (remember you have all those extra hormones after pregnancy - I can't wait to lose them and get "normal" again!)

Unknown said...

To tell you the truth, I think the Texas Roadhouse employees look just as silly as Hayden does.