A few weeks ago my six year old nephew, Christopher, was watching Arthur. It was about creating your own holiday. I think DW holiday got announced in the newspaper or something. Well, Christopher got the idea to create his own holiday and ask the President if we could have it. He wrote the following letter.
Dear Mr. President, (He asked his mom if he should write "Dear Barack Obama")
My name is Christopher. I live in Ohio. My address is... I came up with a new holiday. It's call'd U.S.A. Day. And there will be a parade. And soldiers and marines in it too. And the president will speak. I am six years old. (It then has an arrow and says "go on" indicating to turn the page over.)
I hope you like my day on the holiday. I thought we could celebrate this on August 22'nd. Oh and I almost forgot air force planes will fly in the parade too.
Sincerely,
Christopher Paul Horstmann
Isn't he so cute. As a former school teacher I get really excited to see him do things like this. He loves learning and is always coming up with things to do.
Last night Christopher called and read me a letter he received from Mr. President Bush. It was such a nice letter telling Christopher how much he likes to hear from children and how they are the future of our great country. I think Christopher said he also sent him a picture of himself playing baseball. Christopher was so happy.
I am so proud of him!


3 comments:
As a former school teacher I tought you would follow the rules of proofreading your work.
Oh my goodness, he is so big! I can't believe that's him. The last time I saw him he was tiny.
How patriotic! Great idea! :)
Post a Comment