Last week we went to the Church History Museum for FHE. They currently have an interactive children's exhibit to go along with this year's Primary theme, "I Am a Child of God." We all had a great time.
It starts by discussing the preexistence. Then the children enter the hospital. and get to play with the baby dolls, fill out birth certificates and give the babies a checkup. They then can watch videos of talks by President Hinckley, peak behind some puzzle pieces and identify a scripture story. they have "I Am a Child of God" written all over in tons of languages.
Here are some pictures of some of the things we did.
Hayden loved rocking the baby. Joe named the baby Marvin on the birth certificate.
Playing doctor
Learning about the principles taught in the Doctrine and Covenants
Manger Scene
Holding Baby Jesus at the manger
Driving the magnetic car to church and the temple
Walking on the strait and narrow path


Building a temple with Daddy
Putting the star together for the Nauvoo Temple
He also did rubbings of CTR in many languages, colored a picture of the stained glass windows in the Nauvoo Temple, colored pictures and a few other things.
I would highly recommend taking your children to this wonderful exhibit.

6 comments:
That seriously sounds like so much fun. What a wonderful FHE idea.
Sounds fun too bad we are so far away!
I was trying to convince Jessica that Marvin is a really cool name for our upcoming baby, especially if you pronounce it "Mahvin." She doesn't agree with me.
I love the pictures. I am totally ready to take James.
That is so cool!!! Gotta miss Utah for stuff like that!
This is so cool! I wish we had something like that here. really neat! I'm glad you shared this, because I would never have known about it :)
Post a Comment