Last weekend was so much fun! Joe and I took Hayden to my parents house Friday morning, jumped on I-15 and headed south. We arrived went to the Thomas and Mack Center and got tickets for the Mountain West Basketball Championship games. A man asked if we wanted to buy his extra tickets and said he just wanted face value ($80) for them. I only had $62 in cash. He told us where the ATM was and so I tried to use my AMEX because I through away my debit card since I had never used it. Of course I didn't know what my PIN was so it didn't work. Joe ran back to the car to get his ATM card but it was broken and wouldn't work. The man said he would give them to us for $62. That saved us $12 and we had good seats.
We went to our hotel to check in. Thanks to Joe's brother, Rob, and sister-in-law, Lezlie, we didn't have to wait in line because they have connections and got us an upgrade on our room and we went to the VIP desk. When we got to our room it had two queens instead of a king. We called back down to the front desk and they changed our room.
We quickly drove back to the arena and watched the BYU-San Diego game and then the Utah-UNLV game. Joe's Cougars won but my Utes lost. When we got to our hotel there was a huge fruit basket in our room as well as a table with a dozen bottles of beer on ice. We were very confused and so Joe called the front desk and had them come and get the beer.
The next morning we ran to the store and then came back to the hotel to enjoy some time at the spa. Once again, thanks to Rob and Lezlie for hooking us up. I enjoyed a wonderful massage while join spent time in the Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. It was so relaxing.
We went to the outlets to find Hayden a shirt for Easter but the store I wanted to go to was no longer there. I enjoyed looking for clothes at Anne Taylor (there was lots of stuff I wanted) and baby clothes at Strausburg. We didn't make any purchases but had fun walking around together.
That afternoon we went to visit with Rob and his family. We watched the championship game(BYU-UNLV), had a delicious dinner, and visited. I had a really good time getting to know them better. I wish we were able to see them on a more regular basis. Hopefully they will come to Utah within the next couple of months.
That night we walked through the garden at Bellagio and watched the fountain show.
The gardens were so beautiful. They had a butterfly house that was really neat. There were bugs/animals made out of flowers. The flowers smelled so good. I had never seen the water fountain display before; it was amazing. Before we went back to our hotel we found a TGIFriday's and got some yummy dessert.


The next morning after we checked out of the hotel we drove around for two hours looking for the Temple and a Dunkin' Donuts. With the help of my dad we finally found them both. I love to walk around temple grounds. It is always so peaceful.

I really appreciate my parents being so willing to take care of Hayden so Joe and I could enjoy this weekend. With Joe being in school we don't get to spend a lot of time together. I had such a good time just being with him and being able to talk for hours. I love Joe so much and I grateful for all he does for me.

2 comments:
Yay for Vegas! I love Bellagio! We've been there several times and the gardens are always gorgeous. Sounds like you guys had a great time. I can't wait until we can leave Brooklyn (I'm still nursing) for a weekend alone :)
I am so glad you guys got a break. It was well deserved and needed.
I have to say, I was surprised to see the look of your blog. I didn't take you as pink and white poke-a-dots. :)
Post a Comment