CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Crazy Day

Yesterday did not get off to a good start. I needed to take dinner to a neighbor so I woke up at 6:00 am to start baking rolls so when Hayden woke up I would be ready to go to the grocery store to get things for the dinner. However, Hayden decided to get up at 6:30. He wouldn't let his dad feed him breakfast so I had to do it. He kept trying to get me to hold him.

I decided to put Hayden in the shower with me to keep him out of trouble. He was standing next to the tub while I was getting his things from his bathroom and he peed all over the bathroom floor. Thank goodness it was on the linoleum.

After the shower I was doing my hair. Hayden was emptying everything out of the cupboards like usual. Somehow he was able to unscrew the lid off the bottle of hydrogen peroxide and dumped half the bottle on the floor.

A little while later I was doing something in the kitchen and Hayden was upstairs playing. Then I heard him coming down the stairs. Next thing I knew he was falling down the stairs. My instincts sent me running to his rescue. Instead of helping him I ended up hurting him. As I tried to catch him I kneed him on the forehead. He immediatly had a huge bruise and bump on the center of his forehead to match the one on the side of his forehead from falling and hitting his head on a chair the night before in nursery. I cuddled him for a minute and then he went on his way.

Not long after, he was standing in the kitchen with his sippy cup and he fell down and started to cry. I told him he was fine and to get up. When I turned around to see him he had blood running down his chin. He apparently hit his mouth on his cup and his tooth cut his lip. So he know has a fat lip and a small cut on the inside of his lip.

Just as I was thinking that my morning could not get any worse there was a story on the Today Show talking about the importance of taking pictures when you have a baby die. As you know, I do not have any pictures of my little Scotty and it is a difficult thing to deal with every day even without people reminding me of it.

We were finally able to get out of the house about 9:30 to go grocery shopping. And I am happy to say that the day did not get any worse. But then again, how could it?

3 comments:

kenders said...

What a rough morning!! I'm glad that it did get better for you as the day went on. Poor little guy though...and mom too of course. :)

Sarah M said...

That sounds like such a rough morning. I hope the rolls and dinner turned out though and the rest of your day went well :)

Erica said...

What a tough day. I'm so glad EVERY day isn't quite that bad.

By the way, I went to Timeout For Women in Chicago too! If only I knew who your sister was...it was wonderful and I would totally recommend it to anyone :)