CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 20, 2009

Fall Zoo Trips


As to be expected we went to the zoo a number of times this fall.  Autumn is definitely my favorite time to be at the zoo.  The weater was perfect this year.  We went at the beginning of October for a Zoo Member Halloween party with the Tolman's.  The zoo was insanely busy and we decided to skip on the party activities and just see the animals.  It was fun to see all the little kids in Halloween costumes, many of which were zoo animals. 

We stopped at a cookie store on the way home so the boys could use their coupons for a free coupon they earned from  the library summer reading program.  Parker was screaming because he needed to eat, Hayden had to go potty and when I looked at the cookies there was no way I was letting the little boys eat them in the van.  Thank goodness Grandma Great lives right around the corner.  We went to her house and I fed Parker while everyone enjoyed their cookie.  I am so greatful that my grandma always makes me feel so welcome at her house and doesn't mind when I just stop in even when I bring four kids three and under. 





We went again just a few days later for Brea's third birthday.  Brea invite Hayden and two friends from the neighborhood.  I was tending Sydney that day so she got to come with us.  Rebecca bought the kids these darling animal masks and put the lunches in cute animal tupperware. 









We have been so lucky to see all the baby animals at the zoo this fall.  Our favorite is Baby Zuri, the baby elephant.  It amazes me that Zuri was 250lbs at birth but still looks so tiny standing next to her mom. 





From what I observed, nursing elephants aren't much different from human nursing mothers.  They are hungry all the time.  The mom elephant was eating everytime I saw her.  She never moved from under the hanging hay. 




Did you know a baby giraffe grows an inch a day for the first little bit? 




The zoo alos has baby tigers, snow leopards, and monkeys.  We have had such a great time at the zoo and hope to go a few times this winter on nice sunny days. 

3 comments:

mylittlegems said...

I love the photo of all the kids with the masks. Looks so fun!

Candi said...

I was able to go once this fall and I think it is the best time to go. The animals were all out and playing and it didn't seem to crowded. Hayden looks so cute in his costume on the lion.

Erin said...

We saw all those adorable baby zoo animals too! So cute.