Our stake just started a class on strengthening marriages. Joe and I went to the class last night. We put the boys to bed before we left so my dad could work. My dad gave me his credit card and told us to go out for dinner after. We had a great evening.
When we pulled up in the driveway Joe said, "What do you think the chances are that Hayden is awake sitting on Papa's lap?" I said I didn't think so because I could see my dad in the office working. Just then Joe saw Hayden's little head. We went in the office and Papa was working at his desk and Hayden was watching Thomas and Friends.
Hayden had chocolate all over his face so I knew he had eaten a chocolate chip cookie. Then I noticed chocolate milk on his pajamas. I asked him if Papa gave him milk. My dad quickly told us we needed to come in the house and see what Hayden had done. I was a little nervous.
My dad said he walked in the garage and heard Hayden in the house crying. He was holding a towel and wiping chocolate milk up off the floor. Apparently Hayden woke up and came upstairs from his bedroom. He must have been thirsty and since he couldn't find anyone he decided to get it by himself. He went back downstairs and got his step stool from the bathroom, carried it upstairs and got a plastic cup from the closet. Then he went to the fridge and got the chocolate milk and sat down on the floor to pour it. Most of it made it in the cup but some got the floor instead. Then he got out a towel to clean up his mess. That is when Papa found him.
I would love to have had a video going to see exactly what he did. He never ceases to make my laugh. I am glad Papa has so much patience for his grandchildren.
After chocolate milk and cookies he was wired and stayed up until close to 11:00.
Friday, October 16, 2009
Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk
Posted by Young Family at 9:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
How cute!
That is a classic story! I just love how their little minds work. He knew exactly what to do to get his milk. Tell you dad 'hi' from me!
What a funny story! Kids do the funniest things! Love it!
Post a Comment